Purex is running some great promotions and sweepstakes. Just click the pictures to enter 🙂
Disclosure- No compensation was given for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I can’t believe it is the end of October already. This year has gone by so fast. It is time to start planning for Christmas or the Holidays in which you celebrate. No matter what holiday you celebrate, everyone has to plan, plan plan. Here are some helpful planning tips for you to enjoy.
1. Write Lists- I love to make lists and checking things off always feel like a huge accomplishment whether it be tasks, grocery shopping, Christmas shopping or planning for a vacation. I think lists can help you no matter your situation.
2. Start gathering and updating addresses now from neighbors, friends, and family. People are always on the move and sometimes that address book has not been updated since last Christmas. It is also a great time to catch up on some family and friends you have not spoke to in awhile.
3. Plan your shopping trips- look at sale ads, check for coupons, compare prices online, look for free shipping and cash back places to shop. This will be so helpful in the long run. Who wants to end their holidays with a big fat bill in January?
4. Clean up the house-declutter, organize and donate any toys, clothes or items not being used to make room for any new toys and clothes.
5. Decorate- have friends and family come to help you. It would be fun and you would not have to do everything yourself. Also use this time to donate any decorations that you may not be using or need anymore.
6. Baking- I love to bake during the holidays. Check recipe books and online for great ideas Check your inventory and find out what you need now. One of my favorite things to use is Almond Bark. It is so easy, just melt, dip pretzels (or anything you like) then dip in colorful sprinkles, let set and you are done 🙂
7. Family Portrait- take that new family portrait, take it early, so you have time to pick one out of the many cute ones you will take 🙂
8. Christmas Cards- start searching for ones now- I personally like to receive ones with photos on them. I really like this one from Storkie. Please check out all the custom Christmas cards and tell me which you like best 🙂
9. Relax- usually easier said then done, but this is supposed to be a fun time of year to spend with the ones you love.
10. Think of others- I know many times you get caught up with buying things for friends and family, but always remember the ones that get nothing during this time of year. Please remember to donate an extra toy, send a card to a deployed military person or just volunteer your time at a place that is in need.
Storkie Express was started in 1990 by a WAHM with a vision for a new type of stationery experience. For over 21 years that vision and our founding mission have remained at the core of what we do: providing high quality, affordable custom printed invitations, announcements and cards, along with an unparalleled customer experience.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the Storkie holiday blogging program. I received compensation for my participation. All opinions are 100% mine.